Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery Review
Exchange Server today is used from lot of companies. Maybe more and more companies migrate to Office365 but Exchange Server still is in the game.
As IT Pro one of the biggest challenge is to maintain and keep high available Exchange Server.
In the past i face multiple issue with Exchange Servers databases that couldn't be mounted because of no maintenance or wasn't setup base on Microsoft recommendations.
One of the 3rd part tool that i have use is the Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery.
Recently i was asked to do a Review for Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery and of course i accept because i know that this software you can save from a lot of troubles.
I download Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery from here install in my Lab and start to use it.
Before start the installations let's take a look which are the Specifications of the Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery
|Operating System||Windows 10/ 8 / 7 / Vista / Windows Server 12 and 8|
|Hard Disk||50 MB|
|Version Supports||MS Exchange 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, and 5.5|
Now let's proceed with the installation.
After download the software the installation it's very easy with few steps.
- Start with Setup Wizard. Just click Next
- Click I accept ...... and then click on Next
- Select the Destination.
- Select the Start Menu folder name.
- Select where you want to display a shortcut of the software.
- Just click Install
Before start let's create a real scenario that i face in the past.
After finish successful the migration from Exchange Server 2010 to 2013 and monitoring multiple days for any errors I was in progress to restart the Server.
When the server came back online i saw that one of Exchange Databases was dismounted.
From that point a nightmare start. I was trying to mount without success.
After some investigation i found that the database was in inconsistence state because of a dirty shutdown.
I try eseutil to repair the database without any success.
After hours of work i decide to use Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery that finally recover all the mailboxes and was restore it in new database.
But somebody maybe ask. You didn't have a backup ?
Of course i have it. But i didn't want to loose any email between the time that database comes in inconsistence state and the last backup.
Selection of Corrupted EDB
Before start to use the Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery you must have copy the folder of the corrupted database in the Server/Workstation that you have install the application.
- When first time open the application will ask to select the edb file from Exchange Server.
- Click Open EDB and find the edb file.
- You have a second option to Find EDB. When click on it you will open a new windows that you must apply where you want to Look in.
- Select the Look in, check the Find in Subfolders and click on Find in to search for edb files.
- When you open the EDB file you must select from an appropriate scan option.
- Quick Scan and Extensive Scan. If it's first time you can select Quick Scan to get result faster.
- If with Quick Scan failed to return Results then you can proceed with the Extensive Scan that it will take more time.
- Click OK and wait until Scan the edb file. If the Scan completed successful will be return all the mailboxes of the Database as you can see in printscreen.
- This is good sign that the mailboxes can be restore.
Restore Emails or Mailbox
After successful return the mailboxes from the corrupted database it's time to restore emails or mailboxes.
Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery give you multiple options to restore emails or mailboxes.
- Expand one mailbox, click in the Inbox or any other folder that you prefer and you will see all the emails in the right side.
- Right click in an email and find all the options that you have to restore it.
- You can restore it as MSG,EML,HTML.RTF and as PDF.
- Select the type that you want and click on it.
- Browse to find the destination that will save the email and click OK.
- That's it. Go in the destination path and open the email that you have restore.
- Simple , fast and easy process of restore.
But except emails you can restore a folder of the mailbox or all the mailbox with the same way plus some more Restore options that you have.
So let's explain the plus restore options.
- Decide the folder or the mailbox that you want to restore and right click.
- You can see that you have the options to Save as PST , Export to Exchange Mailbox or to Office365 Mailbox.
- If you use the Save as PST just decide the path that you want to save the pst file.
- Now click in Export to Exchange Mailbox and you will get the following window with 2 options
- Connect to a single mailbox and Connect to all mailboxes on server.
- You can select Connect to a single mailbox
- Write the credentials and get the following table.
- Double click in the mailbox and the restore will start
- You can select Connect to all mailboxes on server
- Write the administrator credentials
- and it will bring all the mailboxes from the Exchange Server in table.
- Double click in the mailbox that you want to restore a folder or all the mailbox and will start the restore.
Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery it's a professional tool that every IT must has in Toolbox because you never know when something will going wrong.
Probably if you are working with customers and someone else or nobody it's responsible for the IT infrastructure and one day must face serious problems like corruption of Exchange Databases