Windows 10 will be really really good OS with new promises.Microsoft has taken things that missing from Windows 7 , Windows 8.1 and some best feature of Windows Phones and rolled them into new OS. I have install Windows 10 as a Virtual PC in HYPER-V and work on it. I'm excited and i'm wait until July 29 that will be available official. But what happened in the users which already they have a laptop with Windows 7 or buy a new Laptop with Windows 8.1? Here comes to give you the instructions how can reserve your free copy of Windows 10 and get it when will be available.
Before proceed with the instruction i must exclude the following scenarios that can't be proceed with the Windows 10 apps icon for reservation. So if you have
- Windows 7 Enterprise or Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise.
- Windows in your businees network that all the Updates and License manage by IT.
- Windows which isn't Genuine.
If you don't have enables automatic Windows Updates so all the updates will be apply you must follow the instructions.
- For Windows 7 be sure that you have install SP1.
- For Windows 8.1 be sure that you have install Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 update.
The name of update is KB2919355. When you install this update (2919355) from Windows Update, updates 2932046, 2937592, 2938439, 2934018, and 2959977 are included in the installation.
- If you want to download and install manual the updates find the Links
Be sure that you have check all the Updates which included with this update.
- After downlad and install the Windows Updates must be download the Update which enable the Windows 10 app icon.
OR find it from Windows Updates. If you don't know how can enable Windows Updates read the article How to configure Windows Updates in Windows 8.1.
Reserve Windows 10 Free Copy
- After complete all these Windows Updates then you will request to restart your PC.
- Now it's time to see an icon of Windows in Notification Area of Taskbar. If you can see click on arrow to open all the Notifications.
- Click on it and will start the Windows 10 Reservation.
- This is the first slide .Follow another four slides are all about selling Windows 10 to the user. Click on button Reserve your free upgrade.
- You can add optionall your email address if you want to receive a notification.
If you don't want to give your emails click on Skip email confirmation.
- You have reserve your Windows 10 and wait until June 29 to get notification when Windows 10 is ready.
Very easy with few steps.
I will be here to answer your questions.
Enjoy your weekend and see you next Friday.