Today Wifi is very popular and most of the users connect with Wifi enable devices everywhere. Lot of companies sell a portable 3G Routers that you can take with you when you go out and have Wireless Connection. But what happened if you are in place that you don't have Wifi or you don't have buy a 3G Router? If you have your Laptop don't worry because you can turn your Laptop in HotSpot, then everybody Wifi enable devices can connect to the Internet and do whatever want.
Before start to explain how can turn your Windos 8.1 Device into Wireless Access Point find below what you need to do it.
- Your Laptop or PC must have Ethernet Connection in the Router,modem through Ethernet Cable or enable Internet Connection throgh Ethernet cable in your Office.
- Your Laptop or PC must has a Wifi Adapter and must be enable.
Step 1: Create a Virtual Wifi Network in Windows 8 or 8.1
- In Start Button of Windos 8 or 8.1 with right click select Command Prompt(Admin).
- Write the following command and press Enter
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Hotspot key=askme4tech
You will create a new Virtual Wirelless network called Hotspot and has password askme4tech. If all goes well you can see that the hosted netwrk has been set to allow.
- Don't close the Command Prompt because you need to run another one command and Press Enter.
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
- Now Go in Control Panel - - > Network and Sharing Center.
- Click from the left side Change adapter Settings and you can see the new Virtual Wireless Adapter.
Step 2: Allow Internet Access from the Virtual Wireless Adapter
- Go in Control Panel - - > Network and Sharing Center and you will notice that the Virtual Network Adapter that you created is active.
- Go in the physical adapter that probably will be the first and in the Access Type say Internet and click in vEthernet(for my example) or in Ethernet in your Laptop or PC.
- Click in button Properties.
- Select the Tab Sharing
- Check the Alow other network users's to connect through this computer Internet Connection.
- Select the Local Are Connection 13 from the list and click OK and Close to Save Settings
- Now you can see that the adapter has Inernet.
The last step is to connect the wifi enable devices in the Hotspot of the Laptop. I fyou enable the Wifi in any device you can find the Wireless with name Hotspot. Click Connect and now you can have Internet from the Laptop or PC that you have configure it as HotSpot
Intresting Tip and easy to configure it.
I hope to enjoy and find intresting the article.
If you have any question you can comment here or in Google+, Facebook and Twitter. I will appreciatet it.
See you in 7 days with new Article.