Exchange Server today is widely used by many companies across the globe. You never know in future
maybe more and more companies migrate to Office365, but Exchange Server will remain the widely
used at least coming half a decade.
As IT Pro one of the biggest challenge is to maintain Volatile Exchange Server.
In the past, I had faced multiple issues with Exchange Server databases that unable to mount because
of no maintenance or setup was not as per the norms and guidelines with reference to
I went through one of the Third party tool and the tool which I have used, Stellar Phoenix Mailbox
Just few days back, I had been requested to do a Review for Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange
Recovery and since already aware about this software and had a good experience in one of my
exchange related issue. I accepted invitation and was quite confident that this software can save from
a lot of Exchange related troubles.
I have downloaded Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery from Link mentioned below and installed it in my Lab and started to use it.
Before starting the installations, let's take a look on which are the Specifications of the Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery
|Operating System||Windows 10/ 8 / 7 / Vista / Windows Server 12 and 8|
|Hard Disk||50 MB|
|Version Supports||MS Exchange 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, and 5.5|
Now let's proceed with the installation.
After download the software the installation it's very easy with few steps.
- Start with Setup Wizard. Just click Next
- Click I accept ...... and then click on Next
- Select the Destination.
- Select the Start Menu folder name.
- Select where you want to display a shortcut of the software.
- Just click Install
Before starting, let's create a real scenario that I had faced in the past.
I was migrating Exchange Server 2010 to 2013 and when it was successfully migrated I was looking at for multiple days if any errors occurs and I was in process to restart the Server.
When the server was live, I saw that one of Exchange Databases was dismounted.
From this problem, my nightmare started. I was not able to mount it and tried various methods and tools to mount it, but I was unsuccessful.
After some investigation, I found that the database was in inconsistence state because of a dirty shutdown.
I had tried eseutil to repair the database but I was unable to do it.
After much time spent on it and hard work to overcome this problem. I had decided to use Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery and it finally recovered all the mailboxes and was restored it in new database.
But somebody may ask i.e don’t you have a Backup?
Of course, I have the backup. But i didn't want to loose any email between the time frame when database comes in inconsistence state and the last backup.
Selection of Corrupted EDB
Before start to use the Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery you must have copy the folder of the corrupted database in the Server/Workstation that you have installed.
- When first time open the application will ask to select the edb file from Exchange Server.
- Click Open EDB and find the edb file.
- You have a second option to Find EDB. When you click on file, it opens in a new window that you must apply where you want to Look in.
- Select the Look in, check the Find in Subfolders and click on Find in to search for edb files.
- When you open the EDB file you must select from an appropriate scan option.
- Quick Scan and Extensive Scan. If it's first time you can select Quick Scan to get result faster.
- If you are not getting desired result by Quick Scan and file is severely corrupted, then you can proceed with the Extensive Scan for your desired results.
- Click OK and wait until Scanning of edb file gets completed. After successful Completion of scan process you can see the Preview of Mailboxes in preview section.
- This is good sign that the mailboxes can be restore.
Restore Emails or Mailbox
After successful Preview of the mailboxes from the corrupted database, now it’s time to restore emails or mailboxes.
Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery give you multiple options to restore emails or mailboxes.
- Expand any one mailbox, click on the Inbox or any other folder that you prefer and you will see all the emails in the right side.
- Right click on an email and you can find all the options that you have to restore it.
- You can restore it in any file formats MSG, EML, HTML.RTF and as PDF.
- Select the type that you want to save into and click on it.
- Browse to find the destination that will save the email and click OK.
- That's it. Go in the destination path and open the email that you have restored.
- Simple, fast and easy process of restoring the corrupted EDB.
In addition, you have more options here to restore a single mailbox or multiple mailboxes with the same process which is mentioned above for single mail with same saving format.
Let me explain more restore options which is more critical in process.
- Decide the desired folder or the mailbox that you want to restore and right click.
- You can see that you have the options to Save as PST, Export to Exchange Mailbox or to Office365 Mailbox.
- If you use Save as PST just decide the path that you want to save the pst file.
- Now click in Export to Exchange Mailbox and you will get the following window with 2 options
- Connect to a single mailbox and Connect to all mailboxes on server.
- You can select Connect to a single mailbox
- Enter the required credentials and get the following table.
- Double click in the mailbox and the restore will start
- You can select Connect to all mailboxes on server
- Write the administrator credentials
- and it will bring all the mailboxes from the Exchange Server in table.
- Double click in the mailbox that you want to restore a folder or all the mailbox and will start the restore.
Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery it's a professional tool that every IT professional must to have in Toolbox because you never know when something will go wrong or not at your side.
When an IT admin/System administrator handles exchange server of clients, Company or individual, This is companies responsibility to take full onus for client servicing and one can surely face this critical and big problem like exchange database corruption.